donderdag 22 oktober 2009

quarter scale cottage

Last week I've been working on this little project, it's a 1:48 scale cottage (that is quarter scale). I bought a magazine and there was a plan for this cottage inside, but it was ment to be 1:12. But since I already have a huge 1:12 dollhouse that is not even almost finished, I couldn't build it.

But my brother collects warhammer fantasy figurines, the darkelf army to be precise ;)
And together we've been working on a large terrain table for wargaming. The warhammer folk turned out to be exactly 1:48 scale. The cottage seemed to fit perfectly with the rest of the warhammer scenery so I had a great reason to build te beautifull cottage anyway! and I was finished within a few days! :D
(figurine was painted by my brother, the picture doesn't do it justice they look much more wonderfull irl)


I made the door and the windows out of matches, from scratch.


I always play around during a project because I'm to impatient to wait for the final result. The cottage is made of 5mm thick balsa wood.

and here it is finished! I only need to fix the rooftop, finish it of nicely with something.. but I'm still working on that and I couldn't wait anymore to post pictures. ;)


I'm als still working on decorating the outside with all kinds of green, pumkins and plants


I also still need to make a ladder and a bit of furniture. as you can see here, it definitely needs a ladder.


Video toevoegen

6 opmerkingen:

  1. Wow, thats fabalous and tiny. I couldn't make a house so small. I love the thatch.
    Julia x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I love your wonderful cotagge,It's amazing!
    Minihugs from Spain,Sonia

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Deze reactie is verwijderd door de auteur.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Thank you very much!
    Hmm I think I'm really starting to love this scale! So beware of more little houses! ;)
    hugs,
    Anneke

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen