zondag 8 mei 2011
This week I got some work done on my new dollhouse. The weather was wonderfull and I had a whole week of from work. My boyfriend also had a week of and we spent most of the week in our boat, reading Lord of the Rings, and having barbecues XD
But I also had plenty of time to measure, think, draw and saw on my new dollhouse. After a long dark and cold winter I could finally do the work outside, wich is more fun and les messy!
In the picture above, you can see a piece of wood I used to test the exterior brick on. I'm very happy with the experiment.
It was really tricky to fit in the windows. I used euromini windows, wich have very different sizes than the windows used in the building plan I bought. Also, no 2 of the same kind of windows are exactly the same size :(
The round piece/tower will hang over the front corner. On top of the tower there will be another floor and then a roof. The 3-storey bay won't get another floor.
The building is huge allready, and it is far from finished! There will be a large roof on top, and on the right side there will be an extension that I haven't even build yet!
You can see an example of the finished building here
Mine will be quite different, but I use the same building plan as base.