zondag 8 mei 2011

building progress 2



This week I got some work done on my new dollhouse. The weather was wonderfull and I had a whole week of from work. My boyfriend also had a week of and we spent most of the week in our boat, reading Lord of the Rings, and having barbecues XD

But I also had plenty of time to measure, think, draw and saw on my new dollhouse. After a long dark and cold winter I could finally do the work outside, wich is more fun and les messy!

In the picture above, you can see a piece of wood I used to test the exterior brick on. I'm very happy with the experiment.

It was really tricky to fit in the windows. I used euromini windows, wich have very different sizes than the windows used in the building plan I bought. Also, no 2 of the same kind of windows are exactly the same size :(

The round piece/tower will hang over the front corner. On top of the tower there will be another floor and then a roof. The 3-storey bay won't get another floor.
The building is huge allready, and it is far from finished! There will be a large roof on top, and on the right side there will be an extension that I haven't even build yet!


You can see an example of the finished building here
Mine will be quite different, but I use the same building plan as base.

8 opmerkingen:

  1. Wow,what a great emporium .Much more to do,but it will be a magnificent building.Looking forward to your next steps ;-) ! Jeannette

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Seems to me you made good progress so far, Anneke. I like how the exterior brick will look like and I admire you for building such a wonderful big house...wow!!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Oh, wow ... looks interesting already! What a huge project.
    Christine

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Oh My! Your new house is so huge! It is coming along nicely. I will look in and see how it moves along. The brick looks great to me.
    What a fab way to spend time off, in a boat reading LOTR!!!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Thank you all for the compliments! It is a huge project indeed, and the progress is always to slow for my taste! But a project like this requires a lot of patience. I'm happy you like following the progress, when the summerholiday starts it'll probably move a lot faster :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Wow this looks gigantic, keep up the good work, it looks fab.
    Dave

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Thank you Dave! It'll get even bigger ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen